Sunday, May 5, 2019

Blessings in Hardship. Allah chose you

Blessings in Hardship. Allah chose you

Lately I've been focusing on the trial and tribulations in my life, the unfortunates, the shortcomings. I dwell too much on it untill I forget all the blessings that Allah gave me.

I'm focused on trying to be patient, trying to be content with these trials that sometimes it makes me more fragile. More broken. I count the shortcomings. And I sigh.

I know we are suppose to put hope in Allah, but I am at the point where I feel like I'm deserving of something good, I'm waiting and hoping when will Allah give in return to me. Where is Allah when I need Him? It's like I loss the ikhlas..

Without the ikhlas, really, I am unable to be content with myself. Content with what Allah has given me. It's wrong. My thinking is all wrong. How will Allah be redha with me. If it seems like I didn't have redha in Him?

But. There's a point of view I didn't look at.

I joined this one event of famous malaysian influencers giving sharing about their experiences.

"Be grateful. Allah picked you" she said.

I've been hearing this "Allah picked you" a lot .
And pondering on it. What does it mean. To me?

Allah picked me to be faithful to Him. Allah picked me to worship Him. Allah picked me to receive these tests so I would always remember Him.

Ain, is this not what you prayed for? Every day you make du'a
"Ya Allah, make me of those people that always remember You."

"It's a blessing, a Rahmah, to always remember Allah. Allah chose you to have it." She said

I cried. Because I sighed. When all that Allah intended was only good things for me. He granted my du'a but I still questioned Him?

And at that moment I felt like a huge burden just lifted off my shoulders. I said to myself
"La Tahzan. Innallaha ma'ana"
Don't be sad Ain. Allah is with you.
Allah was with me the whole time. Through the tribulations I faced, I talked to Allah to give me strength. Through the trials, I asked Allah to increase my patience. Through the hardships, I asked Allah to grant me something better in the Hereafter. 

All I saw was hardship hardship and hardship. But I didn't see the blessings. The blessings of remembering Allah, the blessings of being patient, the blessings of believing in the Hereafter. The blessings of believing in His rewards. The blessings of making Allah, the One you depend on, The Only One to whom you surrender.

And aren't that all blessings Allah have given you?

"Indeed, through hardship there is ease."
(94:5)

You know this ayat. But it takes real faith to truly believe it. "Ease" can mean so many things. An obedient servant would see that "ease" can come in so many ways.
The blessings to be kusyu' in solat, to making a lot du'as, ease you in reading the Qur'an more. Just so many ways that "ease" can come.
SubhanAllah.

If only we open our eyes to see it.

Your answer to where is Allah when you need Him? 

"And when My servants ask you concerning Me, the. Surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way." (2:186)

If only we open our eyes to see it.